If your teeth make you feel self-conscious when you talk or smile, or you’d simply like to put your best face forward, cosmetic dentistry may be the choice for you.
With more advanced materials and techniques available than ever before, cosmetic dentistry is becoming an increasingly popular and affordable choice for more and more people.
Crooked, discoloured, gappy or damaged teeth can all be addressed through cosmetic dentistry with natural-looking, beautiful and life-changing results. With extraordinary advances in cosmetic dentistry, you can have the smile of your dreams in less time than ever.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is both an art and a science requiring a fine aesthetic sense and the technical skill and expertise to achieve the desired outcome.
Like all other dental procedures, cosmetic treatments are administered by professional dental practitioners in a safe environment, using clinically proven tools and techniques.
A good cosmetic dentist will take your face shape, personality, lifestyle, budget and your desired timeline for completion into account in advising you on the best course of action.
Cosmetic Dentistry Solutions for a Beautiful Smile
From relatively simple teeth whitening to a complete smile makeover, the range of cosmetic dental treatments available is continually evolving. Popular treatments include:
- Teeth whitening: With a treatment taking just one hour and results up to 12 shades whiter, professional in-surgery teeth whitening treatments are a popular choice for a brighter, whiter smile.
- Bonding is one of the simplest and most effective cosmetic dental procedures. It involves applying and sculpting a layer of tooth-coloured composite resin material to the surface of the tooth. Bonding is a virtually pain less procedure and rarely requires any anaesthetic, and the whole treatment is usually completed in just one visit.
- Porcelain veneers are an increasingly popular “Hollywood Smile treatment” to address tooth discoloration or staining. Using a porcelain that looks identical to the size and shape of your real tooth, veneers produce beautiful, natural-looking results. An alternative to Porcelain Veneers are Composite Veneers.
- Porcelain Crowns are one of the strongest and most aesthetic dental restorations. They are used to reinforce and maintain the integrity of the existing tooth as well as enhance the cosmetic appearance of the tooth.
- A Cosmetic Smile Makeover is the art of designing a new enhanced and aesthetically improved smile. Smiles makeovers use a combination of porcelain veneers, crowns, teeth whitening, dental implants or fixed bridges, gum recontouring and laser technology to redesign your smile.
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Right for You?
While there may not be anything wrong with your teeth from a medical perspective, how you feel about your smile can have an effect on your overall sense of wellbeing and self-confidence. For this reason, cosmetic dentistry should not be considered a superfluous procedure.
For more information about the different cosmetic dentistry options available or to make an obligation free consultation to speak with one of our cosmetic dentists, contact our friendly team today.